YOUTH SERVICES & EDUCATION RESOURCES
Wildfire Credit Union is committed to providing administrators, teachers, parents, and students, with a central resource for financial education.
We recognize the importance of financial education. Our commitment to teaching students about handling their money wisely is extended through our Student Run Credit Union’s located at Heritage High School, John Glenn High School, White Pine Middle School & Hemmeter Elementary.
Wildfire Credit Union’s goal is to educate students and their parents about the importance of saving for both long and short-term goals. Saving money is a life-long commitment and creating the habit of saving now should help ensure a financially stable adult life.
FINANCIAL EDUCATION PRESENTATIONS
As part of Wildfire Credit Union’s financial awareness program, we offer presentations on the following topics:
- The Basics of Banking: Savings, Checking
- Your Credit Score & Loans
If you have an interest in having a Wildfire representative speak to your students on any of these topics, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additionally, Wildfire Credit Union is partnered with the Banzai Financial Planning Program. Students are guided through a variety of real-life dilemmas such as:
- DVD- Differences between Banks and Credit Unions
- Budgeting – Online and interactive
- Medical Expenses
- Credit Card Interest
- Bank Account Reconciliation
The program is FREE to Teachers – materials include Instructor’s Manuals and Student Guides, which can be ordered through Banzai https://wildfire.teachbanzai.com/ For more details and or questions about Banzai please contact email@example.com.
YOUTH SERVICES: iinvest Certificates
You've saved a chunk of money. Why not earn more than you can in an ordinary savings account?
We are here to help you save smart, spend smart, and grow financially!
Check out some of the benefits:
- Rates are .250% higher than the current 6-month and 12-month interest rates!
- Low minimum deposit and you have the ability to add to the deposit.
- Choose between a six and/or 12 month iinvest CD.
- Must be 25 or younger.
- $100 minimum deposit ($2,000 maximum deposit per iinvest certificate).
- $50 minimum add-on deposits.
- Withdrawals can only be made at certificate maturity.
- No more than 10 certificates per member.
Contact our Call Center at 989-249-8200 or 1-800-227-2328 for current iinvest rates and start earning and learning today!