Medallion Signature Guarantee
Some Added Security for Your Business Securities
The Medallion Signature Guarantee is a certification stamp that ensures that the signature that authorizes a sale, assignment, transfer, or redemption of a security, such as a stock, is legitimate and authentic. Some annuity transactions may require a Medallion Guarantee as well.
The Medallion Signature Guarantee: This service covers security transactions and is available at all Wildfire Credit Union branches and with Wildfire Financial Services. The program is not for use on non-security events that include, but are not limited to, account maintenance changes, beneficiary changes, or authorization of wire transfers.
Notary Service: A service that is available to our members at no cost. It is used to verify a member's signature on documents to ensure it is legitimate.
What You Will Need to Request a Medallion Signature Guarantee
- Your Wildfire account number.
- All owners of the document being guaranteed need to be present and have current government issued identification (e.g., driver’s license) .
- Completed documents – documents with corrections or that are incomplete cannot be guaranteed. Please do not sign your completed form(s) as this must be done in the presence of the guarantor completing the imprint.
- Your most recent account statement showing ownership, account number, and value of the security.
- Your stock certificate, if applicable, due to the guarantor needing to verify the current value of the stock.
- Your letter of intent and written instructions from the brokerage firm, if applicable. The instructions need to state what must be contained in the letter, who should sign the letter, and that the signatures must be guaranteed.
- If you are not the owner of the security, but have the authority to sign for the owner, we must have the appropriate proof that you can sign for the owner. This may include Power of Attorney documents, Guardianship or Conservator papers, Trust Agreements, Letter of Authority for a deceased member, and Corporate Resolutions.
NOTE: Under the Medallion Signature Guarantee Program, Wildfire Credit Union may retain copies of all documents, and forms examined and signed. Wildfire may ask for additional documentation, other than listed above or consult with legal counsel, if necessary.
Wildfire Credit Union may also decline to provide a Signature Guarantee if documentation and /or forms provided are insufficient to determine the appropriate person to sign.
The Notary service is for Wildfire members only - the member must be present and have proper ID.
There are a pretty good amount of threats aimed at inflicting damage to your computers, digital devices, and various online accounts. One of those such threats that digital attackers will use is called ransomware.
Date Published: Mar 25, 2021
A phishing attack is a fraudulent attempt to get sensitive information and steal user data such as usernames, passwords, and/or credit card details.
Date Published: Mar 11, 2021
With the amount of personal information needed to create accounts for different services on the World Wide Web, it is important to ensure you stay safe and secure on the internet
Date Published: Mar 11, 2021