Grab the Keys and Hit the Road to Your Automotive Dreams, We Got Shotgun!
Whether you are searching for a trusty vehicle to get you from point A to B or that flashy new ride, we have the auto loans and rates to help you get the perfect vehicle.
Step Into a New or Used Auto
Let Wildfire help you find the vehicle that fits your needs and budget.
Ask Yourself the Following Questions
- What type of vehicle am I looking for?
- What type of monthly payment do I want?
- How much would this vehicle cost to own?
Do Your Research
When choosing a vehicle, be sure to check the vehicle's history. Dealerships typically offer free vehicle history reports via Carfax or AutoCheck. However, if you are purchasing from a private party we suggest getting a history report. A history report will give you information such as the number of owners, title history, reported accidents and damages, mileage, and vehicle maintenance history.
New & Used Car Loan Rates
- All rates listed are the Annual Percentage Rate (APR).
- Rates are based on the applicant(s) credit score.
- Rates are subject to change without notice. Call the credit union for current rates.
- Loans are based on credit approval.
- Credit Terms for loans secured by an Auto require a maximum 20% down payment.
Effective Date: 7/26/2021 - 12:00 A.M. EST
New & Used Autos 2013 - Newer
12 to 60 Months
$17.75/mo per $1,000 borrowed based on maximum term.
New & Used Autos 2016 - Newer
61 to 72 Months
$15.20/mo per $1,000 borrowed based on maximum term.
New & Used Autos 2017 - Newer
73 to 84 Months
$13.56/mo per $1,000 borrowed based on maximum term.
Used Autos No Model Year Limitation
12 to 48 Months
$21.92/mo per $1,000 borrowed based on maximum term.
The GAP Advantage
Closing the gap in protecting your current and future vehicle investment.
What is GAP?
Guaranteed Asset Protection or GAP, takes care of your remaining loan balance, protecting you, the borrower, from the burden of paying off the amount still owed. The GAP settlement may include your insurance deductible up to $1,000.
What Does GAP Cover?
In the unfortunate event of an accident or theft of your vehicle, in which your insurer deems it a total loss, GAP would cover the following:
- The remaining balance of your loan not covered by insurance
- $1,000 towards the financing of a replacement vehicle if financed through Wildfire
How GAP Works
Original purchase price
Remaining loan balance after accident/theft
Your insurance settlement will only pay you
Your remaining unpaid loan balance (the "gap")
(Including your deductible, up to $1,000)
Total GAP Advantage
GAP waives the difference
GAP Advantage also provides you with the following toward the financing of a replacement vehicle
If your vehicle is ever totaled or stolen and not recovered at anytime over the term of your loan, the Depreciation Protection Waiver (DPW) will roll on up to help you out by protecting the positive equity in your vehicle.
DPW is Perfect if You:
- Put money down or have equity in your vehicle.
- Make accelerated loan payments.
- Want protection from vehicle depreciation.
- Desire peace of mind knowing the money you invested could be protected.
- Life of loan protection.
- No mileage, make/model, or vehicle year restrictions.
- Open enrollment.
- 100% refundable for the first 60 days.
- Accidental Death protection included, which provides for cancellation of up to $1,000 of your outstanding loan balance if you die in an accident.
DPW Fast Facts:
- Cost of Depreciation: New vehicles lose an average of $15,000 in value during the first five years of ownership.
- Average Annual Depreciation Cost: The average cost for a small SUV is $2,840 a year (AAA, “Your Driving Costs”).
How it Works:
Depreciation Protection will waive some or all of your loan balance in the event that you lose your vehicle.
The waiver benefit is equal to the difference between your vehicle's MSRP or retail value at the time you purchased DPW, less the amount of your total loan balance at the time you lose your vehicle*. Check out the chart below for an example!
|Time Since Purchase||Purchase Price||Outstanding Loan Balance||DPW Benefit at Total Loss|
* The benefit cannot exceed the DPW addendum limit or your outstanding loan balance at the time of total vehicle loss.
** The Maximum Waiver Benefit can vary depending on level of protection selected and/or offered. Please reference the waiver addendum for specifics regarding maximum waiver amounts. The $10,000 Waiver Benefit applies here because waiver amount will not exceed the lesser of the maximum amount listed in the waiver addendum or outstanding loan balance at total loss.
Credit Life & Disability Insurance*
Life is wonderful, but it can get complicated at times when unexpected obstacles come up. Protecting your loan payments against unexpected and covered life events and disability could help protect more than your finances. It could help lighten the burden for the people you care about. Insure your loan payments today so you can worry a little less about tomorrow.* Restrictions apply, call for details
Simple to apply
Designed to fit your lifestyle
Coverage that fits your loan
Won't affect your loan approval
Sign up for credit insurance at your loan closing, or anytime you like
Mechanical Repair Coverage
Protect yourself from the unexpected costs of an auto repair. Mechanical repair coverage (MRC) can help you limit the cost of any covered breakdowns. Get MRC today so you can worry a little less tomorrow.Learn about MRC
You can also call our 24-Hour Loan Application Service to apply over the phone from the comfort of your own home. Just dial 1-800-227-2328 and a qualified loan expert will take your application for a Car Loan. Members receive a decision on their application within 24 hours over the phone. Reach out to us today!
You must become a Wildfire Credit Union member if you are approved and before the loan is finalized. Members can count on secure, safe, and fast consumer loan approval with Wildfire.
Securing an auto loan is one of the first steps to snagging that new ride, which is why we are giving you some tips on how to get the right auto loan for you
Date Published: Mar 11, 2021
A look at the advantages and disadvantages to each option
Date Published: Mar 11, 2021