Medallion Signature Guarantee Program Checklist
The Medallion Signature Guarantee program covers securities transactions only and is available at all Wildfire Credit Union branches and with Wildfire Financial Services for all members.
The Medallion Signature Guarantee Program provides a Medallion imprint to guarantee the signature(s) of a certified owner(s) for the sale, assignment, transfer or redemption of a security such as stock, bond or mutual fund. Also, some annuity transactions may require a Medallion Guarantee.
This program is not for use on non-security events that include, but are not limited to, account maintenance changes, beneficiary changes or authorization of wire transfers.
What you will need when requesting a Medallion Signature Guarantee
- Your Wildfire account number.
- All owners of the document being guaranteed must be present and have current government issued identification.
- Completed documents – documents with corrections or that are incomplete cannot be guaranteed. Please do not sign your completed form(s) as this must be done in the presence of the guarantor completing the imprint.
- Your most recent account statement showing ownership, account number and value of the security.
- Your stock certificate, if applicable, due to the guarantor needing to verify the current value of the stock.
- Your letter of intent and written instructions from the brokerage firm, if applicable. The instructions need to state what must be contained in the letter, who should sign the letter and that the signatures must be guaranteed.
- If you are not the owner of the security but have the authority to sign for the owner we must have the appropriate proof that you can sign for the owner. This may include Power of Attorney documents, Guardianship or Conservator papers, Trust Agreements, Letter of Authority for a deceased member and Corporate Resolutions.
Under the Medallion Signature Guarantee Program, Wildfire Credit Union may retain copies of all documents and forms examined and signed. Wildfire may ask for additional documentation, other than listed above or consult with legal counsel, if necessary.
Wildfire Credit Union may also decline to provide a Signature Guarantee if documentation and /or forms provided are insufficient to determine the appropriate person to sign.
Please contact the credit union with any questions.
The Notary service is for Wildfire members only - the member must be present and have proper ID.