What do You Want to Know?
Q: What is Mobile Deposit?
A: Wildfire Mobile Deposit* is a secure, online service that allows you to deposit checks into eligible Wildfire accounts with your mobile device. Simply take a picture of a check with your smartphone or tablet camera and the images and deposit information will then be electronically delivered to Wildfire Credit Union.
* Available to all eligible accounts. Contact us to see if your account is eligible.
Q: How do I enroll in Mobile Deposit?
A: To enroll your eligible account, select the "Mobile Deposit" option from the menu of your Mobile Banking app; then read and accept the Mobile Deposit Service Agreement.
Q: How long should I retain my original check? What happens if I discard the check and an issue arises?
A: We are glad you asked. For your protection, retain the original check for at least two weeks AFTER receiving confirmation that it has posted to your account. When you are ready to discard it, mark it "VOID" and dispose of it in a way that prevents it from being presented for payment again, such as shredding it.
If an issue should arise and the original check is no longer available, please contact the issuer of the check to obtain a copy of the check that can be re-submitted for deposit.
Q: How long does the system retain my Mobile Deposit history?
A: Completed deposits can be viewed in the account history for two years.
Q: Is my financial Information safe with Mobile Deposit?
A: YES! The Mobile Deposit service is offered through Mobile Banking, which requires you to provide a unique username and password when you log in. To prevent unauthorized access to your account, be sure to log out of Mobile Banking once your online account activities have been completed.
Q: Is there a fee to use Mobile Deposit?
A: Nope! The Mobile Deposit service is FREE to Wildfire members making deposits to their eligible account(s).
Q: What are the deposit and transaction limits?
A: Accounts have a $5,000 per check, per day limit and an aggregate or maximum limit of $20,000 in any 30-day period.
Q: What are the guidelines for taking a good picture for Mobile Deposit?
A: Make sure your check image follows these conditions:
- Take the picture in a well-lit area.
- Avoid shadows such as those created by holding the camera between the check and the light source.
- Only the check you are working with should be visible in the picture.
- Avoid having other objects in the frame, such as other papers, pens, etc.
- Take the picture of your check against a darker background color.
- Make sure the check is not cut off by the edge of the view window, a deep shadow or other objects. All four corners of the check need to be visible.
- Make sure the image is sharp and focused. For some devices this means pulling back from the check so the image does not blur.
Q: What mobile devices are supported by Mobile Deposit?
A: Good question. Mobile Deposit is currently available on iOS 12 and above or Android™ OS 5.0 and above.
Q: What should I do if I need some help with Mobile Deposit?
A: If you need assistance, please visit one of our branch locations or contact us at our Call Center at 1-800-227-2328 during normal business hours.
Q: What steps should I take if my Mobile Deposit is declined?
A: Possible reasons for a deposit being declined include:
- Ineligible check
- Missing signature
- Missing endorsement
- Stale dated
- Duplicate check
- Poor image quality
- Daily deposit dollar amount exceeded
- Unacceptable item
If you feel you need to discuss the matter in more detail, you can contact our Call Center at 1-800-227-2328 during normal business hours.
Q: What types of checks can I deposit with Mobile Deposit?
A: Wildfire accepts checks drawn on financial institutions within the United States, excluding its territories. This includes Personal checks, Corporate/Business checks, Cashier's checks and Government checks.
Q: What types of checks CANNOT be deposited with Mobile Deposit?
A: The following items are NOT eligible for Mobile Deposit:
- Checks or items payable to any person or entity other than the owners on the account for which the check is being deposited.
- Checks with asterisks in front of the check amount, example: $***150.
- Post-dated checks.
- Checks or items containing an obvious alteration to any of the fields on the front, or checks or items which you know, suspect or should know or suspect to be fraudulent.
- Checks written from any account of which you are a primary or joint owner at Wildfire.
- Checks or items not payable in United States currency.
- Items drawn on financial institutions located outside the United States.
- Items previously converted to a substitute check.
- Checks to make a loan, credit card or mortgage payment.
- Checks to be directly deposited into your IRA, High Yield Deposit Account or Certificate of Deposit.
- Money orders and travelers checks.
- Starter or counter checks.
- Amex Gift Cheques.
- Savings bonds.
- Checks that require authorization.
- State-issued registered warrants.
- Checks from another financial institution to a closed account.
Q: When will deposited funds be available in my account?
A: If you deposit a check Monday – Friday between 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. ET funds will be available that day based on our Funds Availability of Deposits.
If you deposit a check Monday – Friday after 5:00 P.M. ET, Saturday, Sunday or a Holiday, funds will be available the next business day.
Q: Who is eligible for Mobile Deposit?
A: Members with a checking or savings account in good standing are eligible for Mobile Deposit.
Q: Why must the check be endorsed with the words For Wildfire Mobile Deposit Only?
A: This specific endorsement ensures that checks deposited through Mobile Deposit will not be deposited again at a Wildfire Credit Union branch or at another financial institution. It is one of many security measures we have put in place to protect member accounts from theft and fraud. Checks that are not endorsed as specified will be rejected by Wildfire Credit Union.